In May 2016, BioPharma-Reporter conducted its inaugural ‘state of the industry’ survey. The key objective of the poll was to gauge views about the current state of the biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing industry, its online trends and the issues causing most concern.
BioPharma-Reporter collated over 280 survey responses from biopharmaceutical industry professionals who form an integral part of the brand’s global readership.
The topics covered in the survey included acquisitions and employment, product development, disposable technologies, biomanufacturing capacity and key growth drivers & markets.
A few key findings:
- Sixty-four percent of our survey participants said their company is planning more capital investment this year versus last year
- More than half (62%) of respondents are planning to invest more in new product development (NPD)
- Continuous technologies, disposable technologies and testing & assays were the top three areas in which respondents think innovation is needed
- Survey participants were asked to select the top three regions they believe are the most important markets in Biopharmaceuticals/Biomanufacturing today. Results revealed North America, Western Europe and China at the top of the poll with Russia & CIS and Africa towards the bottom
- Regarding the most important growth markets in Biopharmaceuticals/Biomanufacturing, China takes the top spot (61%), followed by India (50%) and North America (43%) respectively
…discover more exciting insights and analysis by downloading this exclusive report today.