Sanofi announces boost to strategic venture fund

By Rachel Arthur

- Last updated on GMT


Related tags Sanofi Venture capital

Sanofi Ventures has announced an additional multi-year commitment from Sanofi, with an increase in capital to more than $750m to the evergreen venture fund.

Sanofi Ventures focuses on areas such as immunology and inflammation, rare diseases, oncology, cell and gene therapy, vaccines, and digital health and data science.

The team partners across all stages of the private company lifecycle, from Seed to Series B and beyond, leading financings, serving on boards, and taking pride in working alongside portfolio companies to drive long-term value.

In 2022, Sanofi Ventures closed 10 investments in global therapeutic and digital areas of strategic interest to Sanofi. Since its inception, 80% of investments have been in biotherapeutics (with the remaining 20% in digital health companies).

Recently announced collaborations include a research partnership with i2O Therapeutics on oral delivery of nanobody-based medicines; a strategic partnership with Kymera Therapeutics to advance novel protein degrader therapies; and a collaboration with Immune Design for the development of a herpes simplex virus therapy.

As well as acting as a financial partner to top-tier early-to-mid-stage portfolio companies, the fund supports future efforts for business development and M&A opportunities within Sanofi.

The additional capital, confirmed by the executive committee, will also fuel the expansion and investment capacity of the Sanofi Ventures investment team on a global scale.

Paul Hudson, CEO of Sanofi, said investing in early stage companies will help deliver ‘transformative science and digital innovation’ for the company.

“Sanofi’s purpose in chasing the miracles of science reaches far beyond our labs,” ​he said. “This capital commitment signals Sanofi’s accelerated ambitions in the venture capital community and our continued desire to collaborate with global innovators in the best interests of patients.”

Related topics Markets & Regulations

Related news

Show more